The Forbidden Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forbidden Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Legacy of Conquest

Go down 
+10
Lord Coake
Einselar
CoolMusette
TheDarknessOfLoyalty
Chronos
Aroro
brennie42
ReiXAsuka
Umbra
Drummy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Umbra

Umbra

A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 11:33 am

For the first time in the entire year Naida was hopeful that she may actually make a friend. She had turned away from Irile but she was still bouncing around like a kid on her birthday. She ran around in a few small circles to help burn off some of her abundant energy, talking away about nothing in-particular, and to no one in-particular.

Suddenly a voice spoke in her head instructing her to meet the valedictorian class at the cafeteria. She shot a glance back at Irile and said playfully, "See ya there Slowpoke!"  Bam! She was gone and a moment later she stood in the cafeteria looking over her new team. She stopped at a distance and observed them for a moment.

A stunning redhead like herself, except this one looked like she could breath fire.

A big handsome guy with a cool shield.

A much bigger guy who already scared the hell out of Naida. Especially since she was fairly certain he had just been roaring like a beast as she ran up. And even now he looked like he might bite the head off the next person to approach him.

And there were a few others. She did not personally recognize any of them except Myrillian, although she had never actually met him either. She was starting to feel a little shy, knowing that most of these people would probably instantly dislike her the way almost everyone did. She stood still in a rare moment of hesitation, trying to persuade herself to move.

Finally she took a deep breath and let it out.

"Well," She said to herself quietly. "I'm not about to start taking it slow now." Whoosh! She stood at the table smiling up at all of them. "Hey hey people I'm Naida! Nice to meet all of you! Hey you have some pretty hair, its just like mine except I think mine is darker and yours is prettier. Wow you are gigantic and those scaly things are kinda creeping me out. I mean it looks really awesome but still, freaky! Can I touch one? Hey there handsome! That's a nifty shield! Can I hold it? Hey what's our mission anyways? I bet I am the fastest person here, anyone wanna race?" And on and on she went.
Back to top Go down
brennie42

brennie42

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 12:56 pm

Tinglatio considered the hyperactive speed demon with surprise, incredulity, and a slowly growing annoyance. Everyone else around the table seemed to be of a similar opinion of the newcomer. She just kept going. On and on and on and on and on. Scale looked like he was about to eat her. Tinglatio had enough of her chaotic rambling himself. With a mutter and a decisive hand movement, the noise ended. A shimmering cone had appeared around the sprite, and while everyone could see her mouth moving, nobody could hear her anymore.

"Just a cone of silence, no harm done."

Tinglatio did find it odd that such a simple construct was taking more energy than normal, he showed no outward sign of his recognition or confusion, however.
Back to top Go down
Lord Coake

Lord Coake

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 4:01 pm

Mirthea was already headed for the dining hall, when she received Myr's message. She quickened her pace, and went directly to the table as she entered the hall. Mirthea spotted the others having a discussion, and watched as the sprite was silenced by a magic user. She then approached the group and took a seat at the table. Looking at the group she smiled lightly and said "Hello there, I am Mirthea Soniette. I'm to be this unit's sniper for the mission." She looked at Myr and her smile grew larger as she said "Ah, Cousin Myr! How are you? Still trying to prove yourself to your father? By the Muses, that man is a hard one to please. Just ask my father, He's spent around 20 years in your father's shadow, watching as he took credit for my father's strategies." Mirthea was still looking at Myr, but her smile had faded to a more serious look.

Last edited by Lord Coake on Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chronos

Chronos

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 4:11 pm

Rathion Valor, Victoria said in her mind as she shook his hand and gave her best smile. Surely this man was as honorable as his last name would suggest, but what good is a man's honor in a world of greed and deceit? It could mean crap, but a man like Rathion would sharpen his blade with valor, hone it to a fine point and bifurcate injustices. A firm handshake, she would agree too. He probably twisted joints from their sockets with the same arm. He seemed somewhat more of the potential to be a brutal man, but only in combat. She studied his face for a moment, because she was searching for something. Her brown eyes were plain in their expression but Victoria's brain was hot-wired on studying his facial features. She kept him mentally booked, and gave a slight sigh.

Losing her interest in the man they called Rathion, she would turn away and turn her attention to the monstrous man-beast named Scales. He seemed troubled, not by force of some unknown brutish and primal nature but from... something else. Something in her chest felt sorry for him/it, but then that feeling was burned where it stood and her blank apathy resumed its according place. It didn't mean, however, that she didn't lose a sense of interest in him. Whatever he was now was the byproduct of probably what he currently is. Upon closer inspection it could be said that this young man was once a whole human but some pact or spell made him what he is. His scales shimmered to some sea beast of immense might, scales murky like the depths of the sea from which such a creature probably dwelt. His writhed in some form of pain, kneeling on the ground as he combated with an ever-twisting mind made into a slow decaying abomination of misjudgment and improbability.  When he seemed to have won for the time being, he began to mumble his name. Scales... Victoria took his hand in both of hers and wished he would show her those brilliant white eyes he had shown earlier, but he distanced himself.

Seemingly, as if the whole thing was coordinated, a voice came into fruition within her mind, but it seemed Rathion and Scales heard the voice as well. Becky, however, was completely oblivious and still stunned from the tongue-lashing she received moments ago. “Greetings, I am Myrillian Lorien Soniette. I would like to request that you meet me at the table in the far back left of the cafeteria in five minutes. Failure to complete this task will have unfavourable resuts.” As the words came onto "unfavorable results" Victoria was already on the move, pushing students aside with her serious face alone. Becky wanted to follow, but Victoria looked back and gave a look that meant no. The most affirmative of "no's", a no that meant there wouldn't be anymore hanging out by the river, no more girl talk and no more friendship. Victoria looked away and focused on the table of destination without uttering a single word.

A freakishly large silver-blonde Elf sat at the table in all his apparent regal glory. It was Lorien, a fellow Senior that Victoria just never had the time to interact. He was one of the few members of her class that she never got to speak to, but it was all by chance, really. He was valedictorian, but Victoria was a close call by a few points. Then again, other kids were even closer so she never counted herself in that category. Victoria appeared between Rathion and Scales and didn't want to move from her position. Those two were the first she met and she felt secure in their presence... or rather... they would soon feel secure in her presence? Victoria wouldn't be showing her magic yet, she hadn't done much for the entirety of her stay at the school. Only a select few have seen even the first stage, but considering that she was under the Valedictorian unit, she'd probably be anteing up her game.

Two other were present, a sprite and another human male. The sprite had dark red hair and such brilliant emerald colored eyes. The human boy was blonde and clean-shaven, but he seemed promising in abilities. The sprite girl seemed to be very hyper, as she droned for quite some time bombarding the group with questions that went on by like rapid-fire ammunition. Probably a Freshman, Victoria thought. However, she seemed genuine and sweet in her enthusiasm in this kind of endeavor, but nonetheless a rascal. With the way her mouth went on quick it wouldn't be a far-fetched thing to say she was a fast person herself.

"Thanks for complimenting my hair... whatever your name may be. Sorry, I haven't had much breakfast; mind's a bit mushy for the time being." Another Elf, a female, came through speaking to Lorien as if they were siblings. She couldn't exactly concentrate very well, but she kept her focus on the buzzing Freshman.
Back to top Go down
Umbra

Umbra

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 5:03 pm

"...just to make it fair I will give anyone here a two minute headstart but I have to warn you, I am still going to win! I can run faster than anyone in the school. There is this one boy and he is pretty fast like me but not nearly as fast. We already raced once and I smoked him..." The beautiful redhead thanked her for her compliment and Naida suddenly realized that no one seemed to be listening anymore.

"Oh you are hungry?" Whoosh! In only a few seconds Naida was back trying to balance a plate full of random food items. "I hope you like apples and hot cereal. I tried to get you some bacon but I could not quite reach it. Is grape juice OK? I grabbed some milk too but it's skim so I'm not sure how good it will be. Why do they always keep the chocolate milk in the back where the sprites can't reach it? For that matter I am starting to think they keep all the sugary stuff up out of my reach. What do you suppose that is all about anyways? Oh my name is Naida Aelfdane by the way! Freshman and already the fastest thing at this school since microwave burritos!"

She rambled on and on as she handed the plate to the pretty girl with the fiery stare. She could not make up her mind if this girl excited her or terrified her. Either way she was sure jealous of her looks. Oh, what she would give to have a body like that. She would vow to never run over ninety miles per hour ever again! Sheesh, what kind of life would that be though? So slow, so boring... Screw it she was better off being small and aerodynamic!

Finally Naida stopped talking for a few moments as she contemplated the redhead, She stood staring up at the senior with a hopeful smile on her face. Inside she was desperately hoping she had not overdone it like she always did.
Back to top Go down
DinteDarkspear

DinteDarkspear

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 5:15 pm

Zouch sat near the end of the table watching as more students arrived he sat and observed them seeing how they were all different and unique. something was almost off about all of them so far. Zouch couldn't put his finger on what it was but there was something.

With looking at the valedictorian Zouch figured he wasn't as spoiled as some rich kids may be but he was probably out to prove something to someone. The next person was the one who showed up here before him. He seemed calm and collected, when he had casted a cone of silence with out showing much signs of fatigue Zouch guess he was a non-offensive caster. Next was the group of 3 that arrived judging by the looks one seemed to be a warrior of some kind. Another was covered in shimmering scales, also seemed like a warrior. The last one of the group was a girl who seemed to be arrogant, as if she was the center of the universe but well mannered. Lastly was the speed demon whose mouth didn't stop. A thought passed through his mind at this time "i wonder if she will slow down if restrict her movements with blocks of dirt around her feet." he immediately brushed the thought aside and waited for others to show up as grim went back into his little nest.

"still they have something majorly in common, what is it.?" he sat to himself thinking
Back to top Go down
Hydrattler

Hydrattler

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 5:27 pm

Not long after Hitori and Tala had found out what team they were on, an unusual voice spoke to the, but no one around them was speaking to them. It was inside his head, like how he and Tala communicate in animal form.

“Greetings, I am Myrillian Lorien Soniette. I would like to request that you meet me at the table in the far back left of the cafeteria in five minutes. Failure to complete this task will have unfavourable results.”

Hitori shook his head after the message ended. When it isn't Tala's sweet voice or my own, it feels off to have a voice inside my head

He attaches his axes to the pair of D-rings on his bag, making sure the blades were locked in place, then turns to Tala with a mischievous idea,

“Five minutes eh? It seems like this Myrillian guy doesn't mess about. I guess we better get going. Tala, want me to carry you to where we need to go, your legs must be tired after that fight?” Hitori says with the usual smirk on his face
Back to top Go down
CoolMusette

CoolMusette

Location : On fire. Ninjas can't catch you when you're on fire...

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 5:47 pm

The voice woke Tommy from a trance-like stupor, where he was aware of his surroundings, but still resting fully. His body snapped awake, and was ready to go by the end of the quick announcement. He lept to his feet and ran through the milling masses, dodging past the ones he could, and jumping over the ones he couldn't. When he reached the cafeteria, he quickly found the table and calmly walked up, listening to the sounds of the people at the table to get a feeling for how the team may work. Tommy's mouth quirked up when a steady stream of words abruptly stopped, however the source didn't. When he arrived at the table, he sat down, without a single emotion on his face, and watched.
Back to top Go down
Warrior Hawk

Warrior Hawk

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 6:16 pm

“Who was that? A new friend!?” Delta gasped inside Tala’s head.

“No… no no, Hitori, you heard the voice too, right?” She asked, her eyes wide in fear. She couldn’t handle another voice in her head if that was the case. Why couldn’t Tala have picked a creature with fewer heads? Maybe no head at all? A chicken with its head cut off would have some use, right?

“I heard it, Tally. Don’t worry so much. Though you still didn’t answer my question.” He grinned as he patted her on the head. The other twin swiped his hand away with a deep growl as she bared her elongated canines.

“Don’t touch me. You dare pick me up and I will give you another scar or worse.” She threatened, earning a smirk in return.

“A dare? Hm… I have never passed up a good dare before.” He commented before placing his arm under her neck and under her knees and hoisted her up into his arms. “Let’s head!”

“Ahhhh!” She cried out and clasped her fingers together behind his neck. “Dang it, Tori, let me down! Go screw a thorn bush, Tori!” She said as she kicked her feet.

“There’s no time for that, Tally! Myr wants us in the cafeteria.” He mused with a laugh as they entered the school building to the halls. The girl yelled and tried to get down from her brother’s arms, all in vain until they reached the table. He set her down and she backhanded him across the face, mindful of his eye she had hit before.

Her cheeks tinted a deep red and she crossed her arms over her chest. “Hello everyone…” She muttered as she looked around the table to see some of her new team members. Tori sat down next to her rubbing his cheek as she spoke.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 11:36 pm

Irile shook her head violently when she heard the message as if doing so would clear any voices that might still be lingering inside. Being so prone to tuning out the world, surprise broadcasts into the brain were especially unpleasant for her. It would take a while to get accustomed to such intrusions if they were to become a regular occurrence.
The big boss man had only given them five minutes' notice on the meeting. Irile created a short list of rationales behind this. The first thought was that Myrillian was completely oblivious to either the size of the campus or the most basic concepts of logistics, but that possibility seemed unreasonable considering his status at the school. Perhaps he was just plain inconsiderate of him team mates. That seemed like a distinct possibility based on some rumors floating around school. The most probable reason she could devise was that it was a test of some sort. Whatever the reason was, it was fortunate that Irile  bumped into the spritely freshman or else she would have been too far away to make the meeting in time.

Before Irile had a chance to part ways with Nadia the smaller girl had excused herself saying she would meet her there. It took her a moment to realize what Nadia had meant. She had not been actively listening during the first part of their conversation and was just now realizing that they had been assigned to the same unit. She made a mental note to both congratulate and thank Ginger Snap the next time she had the chance. She took a step back when she caught herself reverting to the nickname she had secretly given the other girl during the class they had together. Within a second she decided that it would be easier to convince Nadia that it was a term of endearment than to condition herself not to say it.

She did not even attempt to race after the sprite. She knew there was no way she could catch up to the other girl. The only thing that could was a bullet. "No stop." She told herself. "No associating other students with bullets in anyway. Bad." She continued to lecture herself when such thoughts came up even though she knew should would never draw her gun on someone she was did not intend to kill. "Fire must be tempered by discipline, or else you will get burned." That lesson and many like it were engrained in her mind long before she came to Golden Mist. Instead of rushing off like her teammate she broke into a brisk stride that would get her there with at least two minutes to spare which was considerable taking into account how little time their leader had given them. Dashing off would make her look like a panicked freshman.

Most of the unit was already standing around the designated meeting area when Irile entered the room.  When approaching the group she struck a tall confident pose and tried to keep a neutral expression, but could not help but the smirk a little. After all making the A-list was a pretty big deal, especially since she made the cut in spite of of getting a less than stellar grade in a certain required course.

Even though she was the smallest, Ginger Snap was the first to catch her eye. When she saw the tray of food the sprite had filled in the time it took her just to show up Irile decided that she would tolerate being called slowpoke just this once. The kid had earned it. Maybe one day she might outrun a bullet after all. The second person to attracter her attention was the  giant lizard dragon man thing that seemed to be suffering from a migraine of some sort. "Um…. are you okay?"She asked with a genuine sounding concern for the stranger.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 1:26 am

Scale looked to his left, where Victoria stood, and then to his right, the space was unoccupied.  He lowered his hand, the Hydra subdued for the moment.  He breathed in deeply, smiling.  This was not his usual insane way of smiling, for once, it was a genuine smile.  He watched as the other students filed in, and certain ones filed in towards their table.  He glanced around at the group, personally finding them quiet uninteresting.  As his assumptions were made of the group’s members, he was approached by a shorter woman, who actually looked concerned for him.  He merely nodded, and put a hand on her shoulder, smiling the usual smile of his once more.  “He’s been subdued for the moment, I won, like always. “ He said, acting as if she knew exactly who “He” was.

He returned his attention to the Red Haired woman, looking her up and down out of the corner of his eye.  She was the one that held his attention for the longest.  She seemed to be composed, yet scattered at the same time, which was an awkward combination.  He knew from his experience at the school that you had to have something extraordinary about you to get this far in.  Yet as far as he could tell, there was nothing of the sort about her.  He vowed to find out, what it was about her that she was hiding.  “Victoria was it?  After the meeting, I’d like to speak to you"  He whispered, turning his head, so that he looked right into her eyes this time.  As compared to last time, they were much more composed, less anger-ridden, more... Sane
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 11:19 am

Myrrilian watched as various members of his team approached. A sprite who moved faster than should be possible blabbered on about something or another, she was slightly annoying in this regard but Myr expected as much. There was also a young wood elf, an illusionist, a fairly sturdy human and some sort f scaled man. On further inspection with his blue pupils, Myr could see faint traces of hydra somewhere on the things body, that and another soul bound to the unfortunate man.

Mirthea, a cousin to Myrilian from his mothers side also joined the table. She courteously introduced herself to the entire company before turning on to her cousin whom she greeted warmly. This warm greeting was followed with the courteous request for ones sate of being and a mention of his goal.

Myrillian managed to fake a slight smile, one that would not scare other but rather put the at ease. Scaring his team after the test he had just implemented was not going to help his cause at all. ignoring his blood relative would be equally troublesome at least in what sort of character i would portray to the rest of the group. "Yes, I am Mirthea." the prince answered forcing, bluffing as much mirth into his voice as he could. "I know that its foolhardy to try and gain favor with a man who honestly despises my very existence but he still remain my father. I still will have come from him and i shall regret not trying to have him acknowledge me and m worth."

Last edited by Mist on Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheDarknessOfLoyalty

TheDarknessOfLoyalty

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 1:38 pm

A mental message stopped the zitherist's music almost dischordantly and she silently rose, returning Etwahl to her back and moving to the cafeteria. Silently approaching the Valedictorian with barel a sound, a hand raising from her side to grasp her amulet. "Myrillian. My name is Nolarii. As my life is in your hands it will be on your head if Etwahl must find a new zitherist." She told him without trust as she moved.

Seating herself down and pulling the zither from her back again she began to pluck out a new tune, barely audible yet calming.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 9:19 pm

Myrillian noticed his cousins smile fade from her face, that along with her silence after his response made him worry about his fellow high elf. "I'll ask later" He decided, choosing to focus on the team for now.

Slowly after that did more members start filling in, a fiery boy -who was likely related to a red or orange phoenix- that carried a girl with what seemed like grey fur on her ears "They seem like a couple." was Myrillian's first impression, there was also another high elf and a somewhat shortish human. Last to arrive was another female high elf, likely dumb based on what he read while glancing over the files of each of his teammates. The mute elf gave him a stern warning via some form of telepathy before striking an almost silent note which soothed the nerves of those gathered.

"Well now that we are all gathered." the prince announced to quiet the group "I can get to business. We have quite a difficult mission ahead of us, but that can be dealt with during the organized meeting later. Right now I would like to do two things, the first of which is to assure you that I will do my utmost to keep each and every one of us here alive and avoid too many telepathic announcements." Myrillian said, doing his best to sound reassuring, cheerful and serious at the same time. "Second I would like each of you to tell me about yourselves. Tell us about who you are and what  it is you will bring to the group."

Last edited by Mist on Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheDarknessOfLoyalty

TheDarknessOfLoyalty

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 9:36 pm

Nolarii seemed to sigh as her music stopped, lacking the telltale sound of one as she reached her hand to her amulet once again and this time reaching out to all the minds of the team, "My name is Nolarii Buvelle. Do not expect to hear a voice from me as I am physically incapable of it. While I may seem like a simple musician the zither I carry has power enough to aid. Movement, Strength, Defences. These I can aid should you be able to hear my music. I have various other magics, with a variety of range and uses, available to me as well." She took a break from the projection to glance at each of the team before adding, "That's all you need to know of me. Perhaps if we are able to work in harmony I'll speak of my origin..."
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 10:11 pm

It took great restraint not to slap the scaled creatures hand away. As brave as she was being touched by the abomination made her a little jumpy to say the least. She gave a drawn out "Oookaaay" and took the first opportunity given to take two steps back.

Irile was the second to speak after Myrrilian asked for introductions. Well technically the first since the girl who introduced herself first was unable to speak. Having someone constantly intrude her brain was not desirable by any stretch of the imagination, but under these circumstances it was not something she could complain about without labeling herself a beach.

Irile thought briefly before she spoke. Her father had taught her never to sell herself short, but he had also warned against being too boastful, though her referred to it as letting your mouth write checks that your boot couldn't cash. Finding the middle ground was hard, especially for Irile. Maybe she should have spent more time thinking, because it never seemed like she thought her words through at all. She started by making a thumbs up and turning her hand to point her thumb at her chest."Irile Irar, sophomore firearm specialist." The first part of her introduction seemed rather lackluster so she continued without pause. "and one the most capable and innovative gunslingers on campus." She chose the phrase "one of," and the term "gunslinger," specifically because she had noticed the presence of Mirthea who was admittedly a better marksman than her as of the final exam they took together.
Back to top Go down
Einselar

Einselar

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 1:58 am

Legion sprinted around merrily, pulling faces at party members and keeping a running stream of irritating dialogue. "Hey, Hey, bet you can't shoot lasers out of your hands. What about Ice? Can you shoot ice? Well what about ICE LASERS!?!? No? HAHAHAAHAA WE WILL DESTROY YOU!!! Wait... we're have to work with them... why do we have to work with losers without ice lasers? They can't help us. Tommy, these people suck. You should start your own job. You could be a monster hunter! Yeah! YOu can kill big shagnastys and get famous and have girls hanging on your arms! Like that one! OI!!!!" He bugged Irile for a bit. "Hey! You should date Tommy! He needs a date. He never dates on his own initiative. I always have to initiate it and yet he still won't actually get any. Can you believe it? He's a virgin. He never gets laid. And its of his own initiative. He won't date anyone. You should date him. Are you a virgin?"
Back to top Go down
CoolMusette

CoolMusette

Location : On fire. Ninjas can't catch you when you're on fire...

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 2:19 am

Tommy quickly reached out and bodily grabbed Legions incorporeal tongue with his fist, pulled him under the table and rapidly apologized to all tormented by him. Behind tight lips, Tommy spoke to Legion, "Please, don't speak in public, or I will put you into a cage in the back of my mind..." Then to the table, "Since I already seem to be talking, I am a weapon. I didn't do well in Tactics and Strategy, however, if pointed in a direction and given directions, I can do what needs to be done. I use my pistol, Rimesting, and my sabre, Ember Brand, and can leap around a battlefield with finesse. Also I have a little friend sharing my headspace." When Tommy said little friend he gave Legion a little shake under the table.
Back to top Go down
Umbra

Umbra

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 8:41 am

Naida had literally been bouncing up and down with excitement while she awaited her turn to introduce herself. Although in actuality she already had, she could not pass up the opportunity to speak while everyone would be paying attention to her. She did however manage to bite her tongue while a few others went ahead of her. Including a weird talking cloud that might actually have been more obnoxious than her. In order to keep her abundant energy contained she ran in place, moving her feet so fast that they became little more than a blur beneath her. As soon as the pale elf stopped talking she dashed around the group in a quick circle and stopped where everyone could see her.

I'm Naida!" She said too loudly. She tried to reign it in and succeeded if only a little. She took a deep breath and lowered her voice. "Naida Aelfdane. I am the fastest person on campus and I know how to fight! Just ask Irile. She will tell you I am not just a pushover just 'cause I'm so small and don't have any weapons. I don't mean to brag but I am a complete badass! Also I am totally willing to let you guys be my friends as long as you don't act like jerks. Don't worry I won't pick on you just because you are all so slow. I'm sure you have plenty of good qualities to make up for the fact that you move like you have lead in your shoes."

She stopped to think for a second. I'm doing it again, she thought. She took another breath and dashed over to stand near Irile.

"Hey Slowpoke." Now she managed to lower her voice a great deal. "Are you hungry? I can get you some food before they even know I'm gone if you want?"
Back to top Go down
Aroro

Aroro

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 9:23 am

Again, Rathion found himself reaching for a sword that wasn’t there. Truly, it was nothing personal; it was just that people screaming in pain and falling to the ground usually made Rathion think there was some sort of threat about. Scale had dropped to his knees, clutching his head. He spoke with himself and eventually overcame the outburst. He then started to talk to Victoria. Feeling that the hazard had waned, Rathion again relaxed. He did not sit down like some other people were and found it more comfortable to be standing. In all honesty, he was a little stuffed from the meal and afraid if he sat down he might slip into a food coma.

It was then that the squad leader, valedictorian Myrillian, began to speak. He asked everyone to introduce themselves. He seemed nice enough, even if it was a little forced. Rathion felt a jab of pity for Myrillian, who was unable to truly unwind and relax because of his status. Perhaps one day Myr would be able to change the tide. Rathion always preferred someone who was real over someone who hid within a mask, even if the real one was obnoxious or irritating. It meant a sort of agreed trust between the two, and there is no better leader than one who trusts his followers. This would hold true to both the squad and when Myr eventually took over the kingdom.

People began to introduce themselves. Rathion turned to the mute, hearing the person’s voice inside of his head. There were one too many instances of telepathic communication today. He liked his brain being his brain, left alone to his own musings. Still, Rathion acknowledged the bard with a tilt of his head. A sophomore was up next, introducing herself as Irile and a gunslinger. She was the one who asked if Scale was okay. She automatically got a couple extra points in Rathion’s book for that.

Then a cloud of.. or a body of… Rathion had no idea what it was, but it came over and started to pester Irile. It asked her all sorts of insensitive questions. Rathion stepped forward, prepared to defend the young lady’s honor, but was too late. The member who the thing was attached to had grabbed it and stuffed it under the table. It looked like it was under control. Rathion was a little shocked to hear that the floaty talkative thing was part of the man (he never gave his name, just what he did). Rathion made a mental checknote to ask for his name later. Actually, he would probably need to ask for everyone’s name again. There was way too many people for him to memorize all their names at once.

Rathion felt a breeze next to him and furrowed his brow. They were indoors. Was there a draft? Just then, a familiar sprite began to talk, trying her best to be the center of attention. Rathion smiled a little. She was kind of adorable in a big-things-come-in-small-packages way. Naida. After her introduction, she wandered to Irile. The general consensus was that many people relied on magic in some way, shape, or form. Rathion was a little worried. Since no one else was speaking, it was Rathion’s turn. He cleared his throat and stepped forward, standing at parade rest.

“My name is Rathion Valor, sophmore,” He said, attempting to look at everyone’s face, “My specialty is sword and shield. I also have the ability to cancel out magic in a certain range,” He said. Speaking of, he was going to need to take a break for a little bit. As soon as this meeting was over, he had to go somewhere and let his powers free. It was like holding your breath or sucking in your gut for a long time. It wasn’t hard at first, but his skin started to crawl and his concentration wavered slightly. Still, since so many people were magic reliant (not to mention, Rathion had no idea what would happen with Scale), Rathion did his best to hold it in.
Back to top Go down
https://theforbiddenforums.rpg-board.net
Chronos

Chronos

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 11:48 am

Vicky was starting to think there were only so few sane members of this motley crew. Everyone commenced with introductions, as instructed by Lorien to say who they were and their beneficial aspects to the unit. She gave an honest smile to the sprinting sprite that would soon introduce herself as Naida Aelfdane. It was no wonder that she would proclaim herself as the fastest living being in the school... and even for a Freshman her speed was ridiculous. Just imagine her as a Senior, Vicky told herself mentally as she grabbed a nice shiny red apple and bit into it. More persons showed up, and the size of the unit began to swell with the most odd and interesting beings and abilities Victoria had ever heard of. Eating the apple from the bottom up as to not waste any part of it, the young redhead looked about as just about everyone was present, and what a group it was. It was going to be a special year, no doubt. The amalgamation of a diverse group of the resourceful to the combat-ready would make for quite an unstoppable force.

Then again, Vicky thought herself to be an immovable object in the way. What chemistry was already brooding! A whisper graced her ear, but Victoria didn't turn her head to Scales as he spoke to her solemnly. "Victoria was it?  After the meeting, I’d like to speak to you." She nodded silently as others went about talking amongst themselves. Lorien, however, closed ranks and made it clear what his agenda would be with the group, in a tone that had many elements behind it. A good leader's got to keep that tone, she whispered without uttering a sound. The first one to speak was Nolarii Buvelle, and a beautiful High Elf she was. She spoke telepathically, saying what benefits she brought to the group. Victoria liked that Nolarii kept a musical aspect to her abilities and kept that in mind. She seemed to keep much back from the group, although it seemed to be more personal than what was required. In time, perhaps, she would reveal her inner being to the rest.

Beautiful oblivion...

The second person was Irile Irar, a firearms specialist and new Sophomore. Competent, she seemed, but she didn't exactly reveal much to give better judgement. A seemingly cloud of mist accompanied by a High Elf began to spout all sorts of rubbish and bullshit that didn't serve to help its case. It seemed to get at Irile's nerves, probably. She was the only one it spoke to directly. The High Elf pulled whatever it was to the side or some sort of other space; Vicky was busy eating another apple at the moment to pay much notice. Naida made her formal entrance, and from what it seemed on the expressions of some others she seemed to be an annoyance to them. Vicky found the little sprite just simply adorable, and oddly intimidating. She couldn't say why, but there was something about the buzzing sprite that made the redhead be cautious. Rathion made his formal introduction, and stated his own benefits. Sword and shield, and the ability to cancel magic within a certain radius was his game. He looked oddly distressed coming to the end of his statement, spiking Victoria's curiosity.

No one else started to speak, so she found herself just about ready to make an entrance. "Victoria Bloodspring. Senior student and enhanced spear combatant." She made a gesture to the intricate spear she kept to her back, the large claw open and glimmering in the lights from above. Vicky didn't exactly feel as comfortable as she would like to be, but she was beside two of the three she seemed to take a liking to from the group, and the third was talking to Irile.  "I have only one magic ability, but I tend not to use it if there are people or other valuable items in the vicinity. Then again," Vicky said as she grabbed for the cup of grape juice, "I'm not very reliant on it anyhow." She fixed her hair and let it fall down to the middle of her back, and fixed it back into a ponytail with a bang over her right face. She wanted to speak with Scales about his condition... and talk to Rathion more about his abilities... all while chatting with Naida. Playing devil's advocate, it would be interesting to teach the sprite her magic. Not only would she be speeding about, but she'd be a speeding- "Rathion," she whispered to the Sophomore, "you don't look so well. What's wrong?" For once, since she woke up, she was speaking with deep concern for someone aside from herself.
Back to top Go down
Lord Coake

Lord Coake

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 5:22 pm

Mirthea found this group very odd, and was worried about their performance in combat. She saw a gap in the group's introductions, and decided to take a chance. She stood and said "Hello, I am Mirthea Soniette. I am the cousin of our dear unit leader, Myr, and the unit's resident scout and sniper. I have worked with Irile before, and can vouch for her on her marksmanship and skill with firearms. If I'm doing my job right, the most you'll see of me is a gunshot and a dying enemy." She then sat next to Irile and asked softly "Now then, It's been a while since I've seen you. How are you doing? I certainly hope you didn't forget to practice your skills during the break." Mirthea smiled gently as she spoke to Irile. Mirthea thought to herself Hopefully she had as good a break as I did. Maybe I'll finally get around to expressing my feelings for her.
Back to top Go down
Warrior Hawk

Warrior Hawk

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 12:10 am

One by one everyone took their turn in introducing their names and abilities to the group of students. The first one unnerving Tala greatly because of the mere ability to telepathically speak to others. Another voice in her head was not what she needed if she was going to be of use to her new team nor was she big on wanting more company in her head. Hell, she would prefer if she had just one person. Her own thoughts in her own mind.

"That's a bit hurtful, Alpha. You don't like us?" Delta whimpered while Tala leaned her head on top of her fist.

"You guys are cool, but I miss being able to hear myself think on my own sometimes." She replied.

"Oh... Sorry. I guess I'll leave you alone then..." And with that the extra voice went silent. 

With the small conversation, she managed to miss the introduction of a boy with sharp features and brown and red hair. All she got to hear from him was his ability to cancel out other's powers and magic. That would mean her brother and herself wouldn't be able to transform into animals around him. The girl narrowed her eyes and stared at the table. That also means if they get to close in an animalistic form, they will revert back, right? The shapeshifter decided it was best to keep a distance from the boy while she was in a different form. 

Two people spoke after him and as the room grew silent, Tala took the chance to speak up, sitting up straight and placing her arms on the table. "All right. My name's Tala Kyya and this is my brother," She gestured to the red head next to her. "Hitori Kyya. We are of the Yenadellooshi race, meaning we can shapeshift into different creatures." The shifter looked to her brother and decided to let him finish the rest of their introduction.
Back to top Go down
Hydrattler

Hydrattler

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 12:11 am

Hitori nodded to his sister and stood up.

“Heh, as Tally was saying we are able to shift into the form of other creatures, but before I go to that. She is able to use Auriac magic, which is magic that stems from the user's aura, while it is powerful it has its own unique weaknesses. I, on the other hand, have a preference to one of the Yenadellooshi's weapons of choice; the spinning axe. If we ever see combat you'll get to find out what they do, but trust me when I say they are both elegant and deadly.”

When Hitori finished talking he cracked his knuckles and looked around with the usual smirk on his face.

“Well now, back to the shape shifting, cause I'm such a nice guy I'm gonna show you exactly what it is.”

Hitori focused for a moment while the dancing flames in his eyes became more prominent, then in a sudden burst of warmth the physical shape of him changed as his weapons vanished and his clothing started to sink into his skin while simultaneously growing feathers. When the transformation finished, Hitori was in the form of the majestic phoenix, covered in a perfect blend of colours that matched the usual phoenix, apart from the grouping of black feathers at his shoulder.

With a flap of his wings he lifted off the ground and hovered in place, looking down on everyone.

Tala started rubbing her temples as she responded. “This is just like you Tori, being an attention grabbing pig, now come back down here and turn back now.”

Hitori squawked at Tala but listened to her regardless. Almost as quickly as he got up there, he landed and shifted back into his regular form. He looked back at Tala and gives her a wink.

“You're such a killjoy. It looks like I need to teach you how to have fun.” He directed his next statement to the others. “But anyway, that is basically it about us.”
Back to top Go down
DinteDarkspear

DinteDarkspear

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 1:13 am

Zouch watched as myr asked for introductions. He watched as first the mute woman mentally spoke to them and he was getting used to the idea of people talking in his head but it still sent a shiver down his spine when she started. Next was the gunslinger seemed confident about her abilities, after that was something unexpected as a spirit thing introduced itself . . . in a way, until being submissed by what seemed to be the owner or host. Next was the sword and shield magic canceler. next was the red haired, she seemed a bit arrogant and believed in her abilities. next came myr's cousin and then there was the shapeshifter, who was very different. Seeing as no one was talking he decided to finally introduce himself.

Zouch stood up and said "My name is Zouch, I believe I am a freshman, I have never been to a school before." As he introduced himself Grim crawled out of his hood of his Jacket. Grim ran onto his shoulder, Grim looked nothing like anything anyone has ever seen and its skin looks like moving packed dirt, as Zouch continued his introduction "This is Grim, my faithful little buddy. According to the archmage I can manipulate Any form of Earth to my will but i still know very little about how to use it, hehe." after saying that he sits down and pets Grim a little.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Legacy of Conquest   A Legacy of Conquest - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Legacy of Conquest
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next