The Forbidden Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forbidden Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A topic of tips.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NoelBles

NoelBles

A topic of tips. Empty
PostSubject: A topic of tips.   A topic of tips. EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 2:48 pm

(Okay, I'm not sure where this would go, so I'm putting it here. However, if anyone knows where it should go, feel free to move it.)

Okay, on many sites I've been on that include Role-playing, I've noticed an over-whelming amount of people that try to hijack Role-plays for their own stories, while this is not always a bad thing, it can be very annoying for hosts. (I'm not saying it's here, but I'm just trying to help people in general here.) So, I thought I'd post a small topic of tips that'll help people improve their abilities, or just help them think about how they'll phrase something and make it more interactive. (I will include what I think will be needed, if anyone else wants to add a tip, feel free to just post it.)

Section 1. Character Creation.

I see a lot of people trying way too hard to create a perfect character for the Role-play, but I have to say a few things about Character creation in general, and below are a few tips I find that help myself do this.

Section 1:

Section 2. Scenary

Ah, Coming up with the Scenary and setting for the Role-play, the downfall of many people and writers especially. But, there are some really easy ways to get around this. And here they are: (For me at least.)

Section 2:

Section 3. Posting!

Okay, many people struggle when it comes to replying to a post, or even opening a Role-play and some can spend too much time on it and burn themselves out before it even starts, and here are a few little tips as always:

Section 3:

Section Four: RolePlay Burnout

This is just a small section that isn't really related to anything beforehand, but it is something I feel is important to discuss now.

This isn't an official term or anything, but it's what I call when I 'burn out' when it comes to role playing, and what I mean by this is, when role playing stops becoming fun and it becomes a chore to write anything at all. There are a few ways to help overcome this, but the main thing to do is just take a break. There isn't very much you can do about this except take some time out, but you can try various things such as take another approach, like trying a new style of roleplay, a new kind of character or even just trying a different style of writing. I know this isn't that helpful, but honestly, Roleplaying is exactly like a hobby, where you can just get tired of it and need to take a break or try something new with it.

___

Okay... So this isn't as much as a tip as a template, however, if you're ever stumped on what sort of character to make, I often use this template (As seen in some of my characters), it can help come up with a character as it helps you put them together piece by piece, instead of just coming up with an image to work from and trying to put it into words from the start.

Template:

Of course this can be edited and shifted about to fit the setting and feel of an RP.

If you found these helped you, or you feel something should be added. Feel free to comment your thoughts. I'm always looking to expand this.

Last edited by NoelBles on Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:50 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
NoelBles

NoelBles

A topic of tips. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A topic of tips.   A topic of tips. EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 2:33 am

Update/Change-log:

22/04/15 Added a new little tip for each section, More coming soon.
22/04/15 thinking about adding a personal experience part.

23/03/15 Added a new Posting tip.
Back to top Go down
ReiXAsuka

ReiXAsuka

A topic of tips. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A topic of tips.   A topic of tips. EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 10:46 am

Wooo! She's back! Anyway, Nice set of tips Noel. They're helpful, I should know. they helped me improve. Keep up the good work. :P
Back to top Go down
Alchemist of Death

Alchemist of Death

A topic of tips. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A topic of tips.   A topic of tips. EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 3:58 am

Yay! Tips from the Writer who could put an Englishman like myself to shame with his own first language.
Back to top Go down
NoelBles

NoelBles

A topic of tips. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A topic of tips.   A topic of tips. EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 6:59 am

Okay, it has been a while since I last made a post or even updated this area, buuut I feel the need to add that I'm going to be adding a Section on dealing with something I call "RolePlay Burnout", I'll explain in more detail when it's up.
Back to top Go down
NoelBles

NoelBles

A topic of tips. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A topic of tips.   A topic of tips. EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 1:33 pm

I've decided I'll be adding a personal experience part to this, now that I feel like posting a bit more and it just gives me something to do now that I no longer work. I have also added a 'burnout' section, but it's still bare bones at the moment. I'll edit more in later as well.
Back to top Go down
NoelBles

NoelBles

A topic of tips. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A topic of tips.   A topic of tips. EmptySun Jun 23, 2019 8:43 am

A year later, and I finally added a little something extra. Added a template.
Also, added spoiler tags to each second to tidy up main post a little.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A topic of tips. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A topic of tips.   A topic of tips. Empty

Back to top Go down

A topic of tips.
Page 1 of 1