The Forbidden Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forbidden Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kingdom of Bones - OOC -

Go down 
+11
Sir Nicholas
Erit of Eastcris
Sparky
TheDarknessOfLoyalty
Hotrodd
Rorschach
Hydrattler
Mist
Lord Coake
Drummy
Riffus Maximus
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 2:35 pm

I have a question. The hidden face thing (which apparently goes beyond normal lighting at this point, if I'm wrong on that I withdraw the next question) is giving Satchel the heebeejeebees. Woudl she notice anything out of the order if she used detect life as in that the person standing before them in not in fact alive or there is something of unusual size or shape in the nearby area?
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 2:40 pm

If Satchel would use her Detect Life ability, she would pick up the veiled woman as someone who is living. But if you would use some sort of Detect Magic spell instead, you'd find that her whole being radiates of magic. Of course, you are most likely to pick up Valestia's undead animals in disguise outside the inn (if your Detect Life can extend to the point of feeling the presence of undead beings).
Back to top Go down
Aroro

Aroro

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 2:41 pm

I'm going to wait until they start adventuring to post, or maybe I'll just do an introduction but from far away. I can't think of a good reason for Pyxis to go into the town with all the possible Pixie smashers about, haha!
Back to top Go down
https://theforbiddenforums.rpg-board.net
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 2:50 pm

I just have plain old detect life, no magic. Undead don't register either. She would have to be able to see/hear/or smell an undead and then notice she can't sense it to be tipped off.

I thought the wolf was in the inn though.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas

Sir Nicholas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 2:51 pm

It seems to me that it's already quite a large group. I hope that we'll be able to create synergy between the various characters trying to shine.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 2:53 pm

Max could always split us up somehow if it becomes problematic.
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 2:56 pm

That could be a well-considered idea. I love to not have any limitations when it comes to players in my RP, but I can easily adapt this. Your group has multiple tasks to do in this RP, it might be interesting to see the group splitting up at one point.

But that in itself is problematic, for I would have to manage with two seperate timelines.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas

Sir Nicholas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 2:59 pm

Or we could just have periodic character disappearances. If this is really a war between humanity and her allies against demons and a Dark God of destruction, we could say they're taking care of things the wider front.
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 3:08 pm

So far the war isn't happening yet. The Demons are meant to be summoned later on in the RPs, but it isn't the case right now. You guys are like working in behind the scenes of the great war, accomplishing things that people don't see but will have a greater impact in the war. Of course, should your character is a warrior and is compelled to contribute to the war effort, I can arrange that.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 6:44 am

ok important note, climbing onto or touching Valestia's undead does not auto-dispel the illusion. The illusion dispels only when you realise that the creature is undead. The reason you may realise this is because the illusion does not extend to making you feel flesh and scales or whatever so you will still feel an touch the bone.

for Drummy this is important as Satchel will be picked up by the almost entirely bony parts of Lorna's tail (so that the illusion is as unlikely to dispel as possible) and the lifted to the tent-thing.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 3:15 pm

So since lizards are mostly really bony anway Satchel shouldn't notice unless she makes direct skin contact since then she would notice a lack of scales?

My next IC post is going to back track a bit. I want to include the bits Erit and I talked about ouccuring inside the bar.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 3:26 pm

Yup, also I'm going to make a small change to my post, the killing will happen a bit later so that it placing blame on Valestia will be fairly difficult.
Back to top Go down
Saberxnight

Saberxnight

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 7:12 pm

I got directed to this RP when I was asking in chat, and thought I'd make a bio. I'll admit, I was a bit confused as I started doing this, but I think it turned out all right. Just say if it's not all right.

This was also to see if my 'writing skills' were still up to scratch.

Name: Saki Ran Tachibana
Age: Saki is 86 years old, but still retains the appearance of someone much younger in human terms.
Race: Fire blooded human. . (Fire-blooded humans are a race of humans who are only kept within their small clans, they have a very small amount of control over fire, but this is limited to 'enchanting' their traditional blades with fire, but they dislike doing this due to how it interrupts the blades 'pure' motion. They practice their own style of fighting, making it seem more like a dance then a fighting style. Defining features of the Fire-blooded humans include, but are not limited to: A marking above their left eye resembling an inferno to those who look into it, A scar made by their own blades across their stomachs and a birth mark on their right leg which resembles their clan marking. They live longer then humans, but they are more prone to cold related illnesses.)
Class: Fire Dancer/Warrior. (Fire Dancers are both a class and a race.)

Appearance: Saki is one of the youngest Fire Dancers from her clan, but she's also one of the taller ones, standing at five foot eight, and seems to weigh in at around one hundred and three pounds. Saki has somewhat traditional Fire dancer features, having 'ruby' red hair, that seems to shimmer in certain conditions, mostly when it is warm but her hair is often said to be striking in comparison to her crimson red eyes, which seem to be rather bland when put with her hair, however, her facial features are seen as both sharp and soft, but she prefers to let people make their own opinion about her. Her body is of a athletic but curvy build, with slight muscle tone. She has all the markings of a fire dancer, but she has extra scars on her stomach due to failed attempts at her 'rite of passing', but that is a story for another time.
Equipment: Saki wears the traditional fire dancer outfit, which isn't the most practical when it comes to combat in terms of protection, it does however provide her with all the mobility she needs in order to keep using her specific fighting style. Her clothing involves a simple brown tunic, most likely made of leather, but this is couple with the leather gloves, shorts and boots she wears. On top of this she wears a simple cloak, which is used to conceal all her markings and her weapons, she also likes to have the hood up so that she can hide the face marking from those that find it unsettling to look at. Her look is unique to her tribe, named the Fire Dancers.

Saki's weapons are varied in terms of their uses, but her most used weapons and signature weapons are her twin swords, both extremely light and balanced. On the blades of the swords, there is a 'inferno tempest' design carved into it, making the fighting style she uses even more 'exciting' to watch. The swords have a tinted red blade and a blue hilt. Saki also carries a pair of butterfly knives, but these aren't specially designed in any way and are just ones she picked up on her journey. Saki doesn't really own or carry anything else.

Skills: Saki is extremely nimble and fast when it comes to moving about, however, she isn't as fragile as she may seem at times. She possesses a slightly higher then normal strength and speed, but she's also extremely agile, however, due to her fighting style, she is unable to wear other armor then what she already wears. Her skills provide her with almost unnatural movement speed, but she has keen eyesight, able to take note of almost anything at speed. She's extremely quick with her own blades, and it makes it look like a dance rather then a fight, however, she can only use her own weapons in this style.
Spells: the extent of Saki's magical abilities is simply 'enchanting' her weapon with fire, coating it in searing fire, however, this will only last for a short amount of time and it can be cancelled if her concentration on the blades are broken.
Weaknesses: Saki lacks any long range offense, and also lacks any real defense from any kind of attack, she relies on her ability to use her fighting style to both amaze, and confuse her opponent, she has unrivaled dueling ability with a single 'CQC' enemy.

History: (May reveal IC)
Personality: (Will be revealed IC)

Last edited by Saberxnight on Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 10:00 pm

Looks good to me. Just for lore's sake (haven't included it in my entries yet), could you change your race to Fire-blooded Human with the mention of coming from the Fire Dancers tribe? Humans are so versatile in this world that some sub-species of humans derivate from the elemental realms beyond, and those are referred as "insert element here"-blooded humans.

You may begin to post whenever you desire, but you will have to find a way to fit into the group. Either mentionning you were late, or simply you were in the inn from the start and instead of walking up to the table you just decided to stay at your own and overhear the discussion. You could of course already be an acquaintance of Khalina and accepted to help her in her endeavours, or plan out with the other players about knowing them.

If you opt for planning out with another player, I'd suggest you speak to LordCoake to have an easier time. Orcs are naturally aligned to Fire, and could perhaps give you a reason to know each other.

Otherwise, if you have a plan, you can post it here or PM me so we can figure out how you will fit in.
Back to top Go down
Lord Coake

Lord Coake

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 10:09 am

just a note, I 'borrowed' a pre-established fictional language to use as Orcish. Can you guess which one?
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 2:37 pm

Knowing you're big on Star Trek, I'd take a wild guess and say it's either Klingon or Vulkan. Otherwise, it sounds like Genosian is my head.
Back to top Go down
Lord Coake

Lord Coake

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 3:02 pm

you nailed it with Klingon! Bonus points if you can figure out what the song's really about, and if you can name the pre-established song I edited and translated to become the song Xugha sang.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 3:20 pm

Well the phrase "Drunk Song" comes up on more than one occassion.
Back to top Go down
Lord Coake

Lord Coake

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 3:24 pm

just a note, it's better to translate word-by-word, opposed to copy-pasting the whole song. If no one can figure it out, I'll post the english version.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 3:31 pm

Pain in the ass. Then it comes out "We are drunk and singing."
Back to top Go down
Lord Coake

Lord Coake

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 3:41 pm

I'll just post the english here: 
We drink to our youth, to the days come and gone.

For the age of battle is now nearly done.

We'll drive out the humans from this land that we own.

With our blood and our steel we will take back our home.

All hail to Kahless! You are the High King!

In your great honor we drink and we sing.

We're the children of Kronos, and we fight all our lives.

And when Sto-vo-kor beckons, every one of us dies!

But this land is ours and we'll see it clean.

Of the scourge that has ruined our hopes and our dreams.

All hail to Kahless! You are the High King!

In your great honor we drink and we sing.

We're the children of Kronos, and we fight all our lives.

And when sto-vo-kor beckons, every one of us dies!

We drink to our youth, to the days come and gone.

For the age of battle is now nearly done.
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 5:05 pm

Ah, the High King song from Skyrim.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 5:39 pm

The age of oppression, thats the songs name
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 5:42 pm

Only True stormcloaks request that one.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas

Sir Nicholas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 5:47 pm

If I played Skyrim I would choose Imperial side in the Civil War. But make no mistake, I have nothing but the utmost respect for the Stormcloaks and for Ulfric. That's all I'm going to say.

Returning to the matter at hand, I've been meaning to ask, is this going to be like Arcanea - a group descending underground to kill the God - or is it an above ground thing?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kingdom of Bones - OOC -
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next