The Forbidden Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forbidden Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kingdom of Bones - OOC -

Go down 
+11
Sir Nicholas
Erit of Eastcris
Sparky
TheDarknessOfLoyalty
Hotrodd
Rorschach
Hydrattler
Mist
Lord Coake
Drummy
Riffus Maximus
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 8:19 pm

So here we go, your first battle.

They are your casual type of guards with a good amount of training. But the fact they are unarmoured means that they will fall prey to your attacks quite easily. And it is a hot day, more than what the guards are used to, will make them a bit more sluggish.

What I'd like you to take into consideration is the heat, should your character be likely affected by hot temperatures, and the fact that if not taken out immediately, the archers will keep shooting at you, hindering your movements and causing your characters to be distracted should you focus on them.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 8:21 pm

I think Ein just earned us a TPK.
Back to top Go down
Einselar

Einselar

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 9:19 pm

Question about combat. How many seconds do we get to act per post? Reason for asking. I want to teleport behind the crossbowmen and knock them out or off the roof, but I obviously can't get all of them in one post. So what is the limit?
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 10:06 pm

I'll leave it to your good judgement, and will trust you guys to be reasonnable in your actions. Quite personally, I'd say 10 seconds, just so that your characters all have the chance to do something in battle. As such, I'd kindly ask everyone to wait for all of the involved party to post once or until I post the update on the battle scene before taking a second turn of posting.

Of course, in combat situations, first post is first one acting, and so on. I don't want stuff like "second poster blasted this guy before first poster stabbed him so he could give 1st an easier time hitting a distracted target". So if you plan out on doing cooperative and timed strategies, mention it in the OoC and diligently ask people if they can wait until the collaborative post is done. Of course, just as any battle and characters, the bolder will act on their own instead of waiting. That how combat rolls with me.

Bear in mind that, under the guidelines I posted in the first OoC post, about how your character should handle himself in a fight. I have tried my best to tone down characters powers to this specific rule, so please act accordingly to the guidelines.
Max wrote:
5) Characters powers and abilities should be reasonable. Those given this task are an elite group despite being completely ragtag at the start. It is conceivable one could take on multiple trained opponents under optimal conditions, but not effortlessly and never more than 10.
Since you are a rather large group, it is fair to say that the number of foes you can take on altogether grows exponentially, unless some characters use tactics that may put even their own allies in peril. Cooperation is also the ky to success, as I WILL put enemies later on that will require coordinated attacks to bring down.

I think (compared to most storyline-directed RPs' encounters I've participated) that it is fair to leave how the battle fares up to you, instead of me writing off the whole combat scene. The only exception to this rule will be when you will be facing an extraordinary foe, such as a massive beast or an outstanding NPC. But when you will be facing such a foe, you will be warned in the OoC.

With that being said, be wild and have fun. I'm not that cruel as to kill off characters right off the bat whenever I get the chance. Enjoy experiementing your characters' abilities and powers alongside each other.
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 10:13 pm

Just a side note for you Einselar, since I think I might know how you will play out your character, bear in mind that the archers will retaliate with their own melee weapons once you get down on 'em. Assuming you are what I think you are, hit-and-run tactics will do well to distract them from using their ranged weaponry, but be wary of how much spiritual energy (mana) your character will be using if he constantly uses his Shadow Jump ability. I trust in your good judgement to keep that in mind and follow up the guidelines concerning battle.
Back to top Go down
Chronos

Chronos

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 10:23 pm

I believe with the current air temperature I could move more easily than most. Expect a post tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas

Sir Nicholas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 10:43 pm

I've just gone and started off. I think we can all agree this was an acceptable bit of movement. I'll let others get the first shot in, and then we can build from there.

As for combat scenes, I think it would be wise if we establish who can do what and where. Let's try and make this fluid as possible.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 10:46 pm

I'll be posting shortly.

For clarity's sake, Satchel has not fired her third arrow yet. Where it goes will likely depend on what happens from here. Also, if Max is a merciful GM and goes off my character sheet my first two shots were dead on target. I don't like to assume though.
Back to top Go down
Hydrattler

Hydrattler

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 7 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 1:13 am

I plan on waiting it out a bit before my post, so mine will be one of the later ones in this round
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 7 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 6:34 am

Just to be clear, Valestia is disregarding the magma pillar for now. She will possibly take it into more consideration later.
Back to top Go down
Aroro

Aroro

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 7 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 9:05 am

Any of the long range fighters wanna sacrifice a pouch/pocket/anything Pyxis can crawl into temporarily and maybe swipe something out of?
Back to top Go down
https://theforbiddenforums.rpg-board.net
Erit of Eastcris

Erit of Eastcris

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 7 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 9:43 am

And Auris opens with some rather pitiless killing, provided Max doesn't kill him off for doing so. One wonders how Bal will feel about this one-stroke partner, considering, as a Gladiator at heart, I imagine he's used to making fights look spectacular rather than just ending it as soon as possible.

But hoo boy, it's going to be unfun to be Auris once everyone not on their side is dead.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 7 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 10:36 am

Valestia has no pockets, but you could hide around Lorna or in the caravan with the lady.

Valestia will likely not be very amused when you start killing people, she hopes to avoid death when it isn't self defense, discipline or a statement.
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 7 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 5:26 pm

I'm going to move things up later this night, so for those who haven't posted yet (Xugha and Aaron), I'd say you have a good 6 hours left before I get to type my post.
Back to top Go down
Lord Coake

Lord Coake

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 7 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 5:27 pm

I've posted already.
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 7 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 5:33 pm

My bad. I missed it in between two posts.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas

Sir Nicholas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 7 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 8:56 pm

I'll be working on mine as well, shortly. And quite the contrary, Erit. Bal has nothing in mind but to brutally slaughter these punks. A Gladiator may usually be a glorified killer, but he's not. He's concerned most primarily with separating their heads from their necks in as quick a fashion as possible.
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 12:12 am

Fighting's over, the newcomers may now introduce themselves to the group.

I'll be making small recap like that after each battle, or during battles, as it helps organize what has been done in a single post.
Back to top Go down
Erit of Eastcris

Erit of Eastcris

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 1:39 am

Hurrah for nonchalant upchuckage.
Back to top Go down
Chronos

Chronos

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 7:09 am

Such a lovely opening for me to post Hans' introduction (although I was hoping no one noticed him and the wolves would have followed along just nicely). I'll reply when I return later today.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 7:25 am

It is unlikely that an ash elf would be completly unawarw of being stalked over a number of days. They need to be aware of these things
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 10:14 am

While Khalina made it obvious for Hans that she knows he's there, she spoke in a manner that would make believe to the others that she meant the shadow assassin and the two wolves. However, I wouldn't be so sure that your character would've stalked the group with ease, considering the various abilities and racial traits of all. You haven't specified in your bio your character was adept at being sneaky, and with the many elves around with their sharp senses, it's hard to stay incognito if you aren't skilled in hiding your presence.
Back to top Go down
Chronos

Chronos

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 11:30 am

Riffus Maximus wrote:
While Khalina made it obvious for Hans that she knows he's there, she spoke in a manner that would make believe to the others that she meant the shadow assassin and the two wolves. However, I wouldn't be so sure that your character would've stalked the group with ease, considering the various abilities and racial traits of all. You haven't specified in your bio your character was adept at being sneaky, and with the many elves around with their sharp senses, it's hard to stay incognito if you aren't skilled in hiding your presence.

I have it more inclined to Hans just... well... skulking around for the time being far out of range from the group. The wolves would periodically leave to go meet with him while he deals with his own personal agendas. I'm not saying I'm alienating myself, I'm just keeping to Hans' own neutrality until I think he can make a definite choice in his siding. Ally to the group, definitely, but any major decision in siding won't be in the near future
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas

Sir Nicholas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 4:03 pm

I think with my next post, I'll comfort Auris. Guy was just in his first battle. But if anyone else wants to, feel free to. Everyone brings something unique to this team. Though if I might, maybe 9 members should probably be our max, Max. That's practically a fellowship.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 4:05 pm

You say nine but last I counted we were 11. 14 if you count the pets. To up it even more we could count the NPC with us and the horses as well. I won't count Lourna becuase she is just a bone golem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kingdom of Bones - OOC -
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next