The Forbidden Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forbidden Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kingdom of Bones - OOC -

Go down 
+11
Sir Nicholas
Erit of Eastcris
Sparky
TheDarknessOfLoyalty
Hotrodd
Rorschach
Hydrattler
Mist
Lord Coake
Drummy
Riffus Maximus
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord Coake

Lord Coake

Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 3:41 pm

I'll just post the english here: 
We drink to our youth, to the days come and gone.

For the age of battle is now nearly done.

We'll drive out the humans from this land that we own.

With our blood and our steel we will take back our home.

All hail to Kahless! You are the High King!

In your great honor we drink and we sing.

We're the children of Kronos, and we fight all our lives.

And when Sto-vo-kor beckons, every one of us dies!

But this land is ours and we'll see it clean.

Of the scourge that has ruined our hopes and our dreams.

All hail to Kahless! You are the High King!

In your great honor we drink and we sing.

We're the children of Kronos, and we fight all our lives.

And when sto-vo-kor beckons, every one of us dies!

We drink to our youth, to the days come and gone.

For the age of battle is now nearly done.
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 5:05 pm

Ah, the High King song from Skyrim.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 5:39 pm

The age of oppression, thats the songs name
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 5:42 pm

Only True stormcloaks request that one.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas

Sir Nicholas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 5:47 pm

If I played Skyrim I would choose Imperial side in the Civil War. But make no mistake, I have nothing but the utmost respect for the Stormcloaks and for Ulfric. That's all I'm going to say.

Returning to the matter at hand, I've been meaning to ask, is this going to be like Arcanea - a group descending underground to kill the God - or is it an above ground thing?
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 6:21 pm

Both of those actually, it really is independant to each mission I am going to send you to. As you should know by now, you are heading towards a forest, and it's not going to go that peacefully. LAter on you might have to go inside the mountains, desert and underwater.

Really, you'll be doing some sight-seeing in this RP as you travel to your next objetives.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 6:28 am

Um....just to avoid annoying anyone I want to make it clear that I am not as gung-ho about pushing the story forward as my character is, and I tried to leave it completely open for the other characters to choose to ignore her.
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 2:39 pm

After speaking to the majority of the people, most are ready to leave. My next post will move things ahead.
Back to top Go down
Sparky

Sparky

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 6:52 pm

Sorry I haven't been able to update Jasmine at all. I've honestly keep forgetting to come on. XD I've also been busy with artwork and such. Watching streams of artists art can be entertaining sometimes.
Anyways, I'll try to update her as soon as I can(like right now). Just bring me up to speed when I enter in character.

Love you guys.~ Thanks for understanding.
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 7:37 pm

No problem, just tell me whenever it's updatd so I can verify it and post my thoughts on her.

Also, my apologies for the delay. I should be posting this evening.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 6:49 am

My character has no intention of using violence at this time, but how many guards are there for reference. I also assume more than one are positioned in a tower of sorts above us?

In before both of these questions were answered and I somehow missed it while reading.
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 3:15 pm

Max wrote:
Nearing the imperial outpost, the group was greeted by a patrol of ten guards, lightly armored as to reflect just how hot this day was. While the casual imperial guard was wearing a heavy suit of metal plates, a shield and a spear, these men were only wearing the leather outfit they would don before putting on the metal plating. Sweaty and clearly fatigued, they however met the adventurers with forced vigor in an attempt to bear their usual intimidating stance.
Yep, you missed it. Figure that it's harder to remember numbers when written in their textual form.

Just so to be clear, the outpost is just a ramshackled barrack that has been renovated with the fewest materials possible. So no, you wouldn't see anyone else outside beside then 10 guards greeting you.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 4:14 pm

Pyxis is really bad at math apparently... she estimated the group to be at least a hundred. anyway thanks Aro, reading hat was probably the highlight of my day.

Anyway, Valestia will wait to see the guards reaction to the song, she is only just barely more experienced with city life than Satchel and has no idea what they count a the pleasures of the city.
Back to top Go down
Aroro

Aroro

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 4:19 pm

*takes a bow* I live to please, darlin'! :)
Back to top Go down
https://theforbiddenforums.rpg-board.net
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 4:46 pm

*Applause*

Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas

Sir Nicholas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 5:33 pm

I also don't intend on using violence just yet. If these guys show themselves as too unreasonable, then they'll be given one warning. If they don't back off, they die. And also, indeed Aroro - that was quite funny. I'm reminded of a similar moment in Knights of the Old Republic with a group of delinquent Sith demanded you entertain them. One possible answer is to be flippant.

But of course, if they don't take the bait - the world won't miss a few thugs. Good is Not Soft.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 7:51 pm

There are 8 of us right? We should be able to take them petty easy.

Sir Nicholas wrote:
He was quite pleased at her performance, even if the others weren't, though mainly because he believed her being flippant.

She is being super serious.
Back to top Go down
Chronos

Chronos

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 10:23 pm

The Character:

Last edited by Chronos on Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Einselar

Einselar

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 11:01 pm

Name: Ayperos
Race: Human/Demon
Class: Shadow Assassin
Appearance: Short black hair, Black eyes. Grayish pale skin. His shadow is not entirely clear and wavers at times.
Equipment: Completely dressed in black at all times, most of his outfit is leather except for the cloth hood he uses to hood his eyes.. See Shadow tools.

Skills: Very Athletic. He can leap up to a 12 foot gap and land sturdily on his feet even if the landing place is a thin beam.
Spells:Shadow Thief - When Ayperos is in shadow he can step forward into another shadow up to 500 feet away. When he steps forward into complete darkness the ability works on an infinite range but only in places which he has tread.
Shadow Stalker - So long as a creature is not casting a shadow, Ayperos is instantly aware of its location regardless of what plane it is occupying. This ability only works on a creature who has been touched and can only track one creature at a time.
Shadow Tools - Ayperos can reach into any shadow and pull out up to two tools or weapons of his choice. These tools last until no longer wielded by Ayperos.
Unholy Rejuvenation - If in complete shadow then Ayperos quickly recovers his strength as if resting. He completely regenerates within a half hour.
Weaknesses: Due to a tenacious grasp to the physical plane, Ayperos does not cast a full shadow. Needless to say, he is weakened in full sunlight as it disables his abilities. Also, any Shadow Tools he brings into the light slowly degrade over a course of 5 minutes. By 1 minute they are no longer keen. By 2 minutes they are dull. By three minutes they are blunt. By 4 they are Fractured. By 5 they disintegrate.

Last edited by Einselar on Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:03 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas

Sir Nicholas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 11:14 pm

Looks to me like we got two new potential villains on board.
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 1:11 am

Those are quite the characters. And sadly, that uniqueness begs some review.

@Chronos: While I like the general idea of the character, a demon using fire and all, you'll have to tone him down a bit. The power setting in this RP isn't very high at first, but the potential to become stronger is there throughout the RP.

First thing first is your race. Ready your bio, I'm led to believe he's some kind of a demon blooded human. If it is the case, for reference, I'd like you to switch your race to "Half-Blooded Demon". If it isn't the case, and is actually something deeper than that, I'd like you to give me a detailed description of what exactly is a Cambrion.

Second thing I have issues with is his general physical prowess. Although I understand that he is part Demon, making him stronger than any ordinary human in all aspects, he shouldn't be grossly stronger either. You are after still part human, which weakens severly your demon-blooded abilities. What I mean by that is while you are indeed tougher than anyone, weapons should still be able to inflict serious damage if they hit you, you would just be unfazed by grazes and less likely to receive fatal injuries from weapons, but a good direct hit can still cripple you. Likewise for his physical strength, it should just be double a human's strength, no uprooting trees and such.

And lastly, just technical stuff about spells. The wall of fire should actually do the opposite, it being good at blocking magic (except water) instead of blocking physical attacks, unles the fire is so intense that it melts swords and disintegrate arrows the moment it goes through the wall, but that would be too absurd. Beside being called a "martial technique", I wouldn't really consider it worth of putting Red Storm in there, considering Red Fist already does the job of coating your fists with fire, and you can do whatever pleases you afterwards.

As for the lighter thing, we're in a medieval-fantasy kind of setting. Unless I am wrong and lighters did exist in this era, the only way you could justify the presence of a lighter is by magi-technology, which would be fin by me. The appearance of my character feels kinds of as if he was supposed to be used in a more modern-era setting. You oughtta probably edit it to make it fit more the theme of this RP (like the jeans and jacket thing).

Sorry if it seems like a harsh review, and I know you love to use the powerful badass yet good-willed theme on your characters, but I have duties as GM to make guidelines respected, which is the amount of power I allow for this RP. I hope you can understand my stand on this and that won't deter you from editing your character and RP with us.

@Einselar: I'll be honest with you, I have a great disdain towards Time Magic, even more so when it involves taking/removing years. I like the assassin concept, as it is something we had yet to see in this group. However, as sad as it is to say, I won't allow the use of Time Magic. The reason behind this decision is that this kind of magic is unruly, hard for GMs to deal with, and is easy to abuse. I'm sorry, but you'll have to find another concept for you to complement your assassin skills.

As for the crossbow, I know it's actually a powerful weapon, and powering it any further can make it deadly, but I want some clarification about "through the thickest skull". Can it pierces thorugh any kind of humanoid races and magical creatures alike?
Back to top Go down
Einselar

Einselar

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 1:58 am

Edited. Please read editing note.
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 5:42 am

Now that's a concept I find interesting to use and quite, albeit some of your abilities have distances that are quite far-fetched. For your Shadow Thief ability, it would be near impossible for your character to exactly know there is a shadow he can step into up to 500 feet away, unless something extremely huge is casting a shadow from far away. As such, I'll give you two choices: Tone down your Shadow Jump ability to only shadowy areas he can actually see, or add yourself an ability akin to "Shadow Sense", which would allow your character to sense shadows in an area up to 250 feet around him and jump in wherever he feels a shadow. As for the second part of your ability, an infinite distance sounds again too far-fetched. Tone it down up to a mile away without the real need to see where he goes and that ability gets my approval.

The second ability is Shadow Stalker. While I know it is limited to a single creature, the fact that you absolutely know someone wherever he is is simply too much. As such, I want you to reduce the ability to a distance of 1 mile (which is still very generous, in my opinion), and remove the ability to sense said target's location in any plane of existence. There is a void in-between world and that's the reason barely anything exists between realms, let alone magical energies passing through there.

Lastly, I prefer if all my players are protagonists in this story. Of course, things can happen during the RP, or arrangements can be made in private, such is the beauty of RPing. However, I'd prefer the group to make one big solid group (or two, considering how things will be in a few) until a later point in game.
Back to top Go down
Einselar

Einselar

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 5:57 am

edited again.
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 6:07 am

Looks good. Welcome in the group!

Like I said to Saber in an earlier post, since you haven't been present at the initial meeting, you'll have to introduce yourself to the story in a logical way. Being some sort of spy/assassin, you could've heard in the starting inn the group of adventurers that set out on a mission to save the world. Or you could've had a master who knows of things few people know about the King's whereabouts, and as such sent you to team up with the hired mercenaries. It could be a totally other reason. If you have suggestions or ideas that you would want to confirm before posting, feel free to post them here or send me a PM if you have something secretive you would suggest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kingdom of Bones - OOC -
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next