The Forbidden Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forbidden Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Chosen OOC

Go down 
+7
Green-Eyed Demon
Broske
Jexorin Rast
Vulkan
Dethhollow
Selieno
KeyOfDestiny
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Green-Eyed Demon

Green-Eyed Demon

The Chosen  OOC - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chosen OOC   The Chosen  OOC - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 12:22 am

Hey, I was thinking about making the power source for my character's suit a shard of the core. Would that be okay?
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/The_Crimson_Beo
KeyOfDestiny

KeyOfDestiny

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen OOC   The Chosen  OOC - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 4:08 am

That would be find Fate.
Back to top Go down
Dethhollow

Dethhollow

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen OOC   The Chosen  OOC - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 7:16 am

Just a few slight things that bug me (sorry, but I'm a little wierd about details)

Quote :
Some of the royal guards manage to send several of some the child away, each considered special in tune to their powers, which seem more powerful than usual. The markings on each tell what part they played in the court as well. And for their power, Alex seeks them.

So he kills the court, it's a complete shift of power, people are following behind this guy.... And he overlooks the children? Doesn't that mean that every one of the teens is an orphan that convieniently found eachother at the same camp? What if a few of them chose to stay behind or something? I guess it's possible that many of the ones that stayed behind have already been caught, but wouldn't it have been a better idea for the guards to spread the children out across the globe to keep them from getting caught as easilly? Or did they expect the teens to be able to figure things out and take care of eachother?

Also, about the core. So the people in the royal court (I assume) formed it or something to keep the planet alive and their the only ones that can keep it working. So Max (I think that's the villian's name) doesn't know about it and wastes the court by slaughtering them. So I guess the core's not exactly common knolage, right? Why? Did the king screw up and ruin the planet and kept the core a secret so he wouldn't look bad?

-

Sorry for nitpicking the story so much, but small details bug me like that.... Everything else sounds great, though! There's a reason to catch the teens without killing them, they have a higher purpose and destiny, and even if they get out of this, there's plenty to build on with the potential uprising! Although I do wonder how exactly the core's going to be fixed in the end....

Oh, and as the host, it would be perfectly fine to make V the queen. That could be fun to play around with, since everyone knows eachother before they find out about this. Nothing wrong with taking a leading role in your own RP.
Back to top Go down
KeyOfDestiny

KeyOfDestiny

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen OOC   The Chosen  OOC - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 7:32 am

XD I put tell if something's wrong for a reason, <3 His name is Alexander by the way, :3

But yeah, the core wasn't common knowledge--just to those in the higher ups. And you have a point about that, though. I was thinking that it started to "die" because the king;s power influenced it somehow. Like, when everything first started, it wasn't as powerful or whatever to the kingdom(when it was in kind of a developing stage, maybe? --referring to the world--), and when he--or maybe an ancestor would be better at this point--found the stone and interacted with it, it became bound with his 'energy'. So the royals(court included), are what keep it going.

So when he was killed, it started to die. Which Alex obviously wouldn't have known would happen since he only had vague knowledge of the core. Also, I was thinking that;s how he got people to follow him--maybe by feeding dark energy into something that spreads it...I don't know. I was leaning more toward that force kind of thing, but that's another spot I think we need to work on.

And good point about the children thing. I'd take more time to consider that normally, but since this is just a rp I figured it'd be fun to let a few things slide. Though maybe it could have something to do with the guardians, if you want a reason. Since they obviosuly knew each other, they could have purposely gathered in the same place to keep an eye of the children where they were all in a group. :3

And ok. I just like to check first, xD Some people are uptight about roles and stuff, at least those I've encountered in the past, so I wanted to make sure it was fine.

So those connected with the royal family keep it going the most, since their energy is 'connected' to it, but the court and whatnot also helps because their energy is also somewhat noble. If that works. O.o
Back to top Go down
Dethhollow

Dethhollow

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen OOC   The Chosen  OOC - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 7:49 am

It makes sense that the people who could keep the core working would be the ones that were members of the court since they could be needed at any time. I guess Alex just kind-of found some information about the core later on and was just kind-of like "Crap! These people were improtaint! Well, thankfully thier decendents are still alive."

It's probably a good idea to get the backstory as water-tight as possible before it starts to be mentioned and such so there's not a lot of stuff that just gets pulled out of nowhere, you know?

I guess that the king/queen could use their crystal powers to fix it (looks at V, she's thier daughter, isn't she?) And that's why it hasn't been messing up until they died. Since every time it would start to mess up before, they could just quickly fix it.... And that does mean that at the end, if V's still alive, then there would be a way to save thier world and restore order when/if V takes the throne.
Back to top Go down
KeyOfDestiny

KeyOfDestiny

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen OOC   The Chosen  OOC - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 9:53 am

True. And I like that idea. I'll stick the ancestor starting the whole energy thing, but i s there anything else I need to add?

And yeah, V's their daughter.
Back to top Go down
Aroro

Aroro

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen OOC   The Chosen  OOC - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:51 am

Okay so I have two things to say...

1. At first I thought this was a TFA remake because of the name and then I looked at your user name and was like, "Dah eff? She doesn't know TFA...." Great minds!!

2. Are you still accepting?

2. What's the age range you were looking for? Like high school, 14-18?

2. Would elemental power manipulation be okay?

2. Do you have anything against crazy-as-crap, well-endowed gingers?

Yup, those were my two things...
Back to top Go down
https://theforbiddenforums.rpg-board.net
KeyOfDestiny

KeyOfDestiny

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen OOC   The Chosen  OOC - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:26 am

*waggles finger* Someone didn't read the rules! XD

I don't mind crazy characters; you may join, but keep up with your character and more importantly, be active! XD

Age range, I'd like to keep at least 16 and older, :) Since everyone is pretty much seventeen, and the bad guys are over 20. But if you're gonna join, look back to page seven for the plot, and what Deth and I just posted. It'l help.

But I'm ot too sure how you'd come in now, xD Ules you made your own bad guy, which wouldn't be a bad idea. XD
Back to top Go down
Jexorin Rast

Jexorin Rast

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen OOC   The Chosen  OOC - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:32 am

Maybe that mentor you mentioned before that could help them out, maybe that mentor could be one of the teens from the future.

And about Cyrus's mark. He could be like a royal adviser. Like, the gear clock could be a symbol of experience and wisdom.
Back to top Go down
KeyOfDestiny

KeyOfDestiny

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen OOC   The Chosen  OOC - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:36 am

Oh my gosh, I have to say this now. I once did a role play, and my character was a princess, and the royal adviser, Cryrus, was a total jerk and I REALLY Hated him.

Your Cyrus isn't like that, but I had to say something after that. XDDD

Mark explanation accepted!

And he's not gonna be from the future; just from the original court.
Back to top Go down
Jexorin Rast

Jexorin Rast

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen OOC   The Chosen  OOC - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:50 am

Otey ten.
Back to top Go down
Selieno

Selieno

Location : That weird place in life where you want to die, but can't.

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen OOC   The Chosen  OOC - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 3:49 pm

Des, for them happening to all land in one place, I have an idea. Perhaps the gateway(s) that link(s) Earth to Valentia could be static in their location, so one gateway in Valentia always leads to the same location on Earth every time. If all the kids were sent through the same gate, of course they'd all land in the same place.
Back to top Go down
KeyOfDestiny

KeyOfDestiny

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen OOC   The Chosen  OOC - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 4:22 pm

That would work, though the guardian thing keeping them all together does as well. :3 The gate thing makes it even tighter, though.

And because I'm an idiot:
Des. What's that nickname mean? XDD My friend says desu..wrong spelling, but something like that a lot. Is Des just short for that? xD Even if I don't know what the longer one means either.
Back to top Go down
Aroro

Aroro

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen OOC   The Chosen  OOC - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 4:56 pm

Name: Vera Smith

Race: Human

Class: Wind Mage

Position: The Bad Guys... when she feels like it.

Skills, Spells and Abilities:

Blink: Vera uses the air around her to propel herself at incredible speeds. She travels a short distance in the "blink" of an eye. She can only use it to locations she can see.

Fly: Similar to Blink, Vera manipulates the air in order to allow her flight.

"Boom! I just punched you!": As Vera goes to throw a blow, she can force the air around her to make a certain body part move faster. Of course, her bones and muscles are still as strong as they used to be. If she uses this skill too much, it will cause dramatic wear and tear on her body.

Extension of Self: Vera shoots several bursts of air towards an opponent. It is not very accurate but it is incredibly fast and can cause a loss of breath and bruising if it makes contact.

Shield: Vera creates a circular gale around herself, picking up stones and sticks as it spins around her. It serves as a potent barrier.

Suffocate: Vera can pull the oxygen out around someone's head, causing suffocation. The victim needs to be still for this to work and Vera needs to concentrate hard in order to make it work. She hardly ever uses it except for a method of torture. She has never killed someone with it, preferring to let them panic instead.

Voice: Vera talks quickly and almost nonstop. She has a variety of highs and lows, her tone being very obvious as to how she is feeling. She gets very squeaky when she is excited (which is most of the time).

Appearance: Vera has long, flaming red hair that curls and waves around, reaching to the middle of her back. She has bright green eyes that sparkle with mischievously. She has a voluptuous body that barely reaches five foot two inches. She is not skinny nor is she chubby, but rather an adorable mixture of the two. She has a deceiving look of innocence until she opens her mouth. She is fair skinned.

Personality: Vera has been told she has no brain to mouth filter, nor an impulse inhibitor. She will say what's on her mind and do what she feels like with no regard to the consequences. Due to this, she is the source of amusement for people around her... except for her current victim. She can be serious if she feels she needs to be, although the occurrences are few and far between. She is a free spirit with a short attention span. She is also the reason why grey areas exist. She lives for herself and is the definition of a neutral zone. She has no qualms switching sides back and forth, although she will feel a bit of loyalty towards the side that compliments her more.

Likes: Vera loves to have a good laugh. She also loves food. She likes to learn and is always thirsty for knowledge.

Dislikes: Vera doesn't like judgemental or serious people. She doesn't like violence. She also doesn't like attention hogs, since she'd much rather be in the spotlight than share it, or worse, be kicked out of it.

Strengths: Wherever there's air, Vera has her abilities.

Weaknesses: She is easily distracted.
Back to top Go down
KeyOfDestiny

KeyOfDestiny

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen OOC   The Chosen  OOC - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 5:07 pm

For some reason I get the feeling she'll hate V and a few of the other serious people in here, XD

But if you could, put what she tracks the chosen with. It was on the original sheets I had up. Just an object that gives off a signal when she's near any of the chosen teens. c: Please and thank you~

And again, just so you're familiar with the plot, check the previous pages. I think it was 7 and 8 where the summaries/additions were/
Back to top Go down
Aroro

Aroro

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen OOC   The Chosen  OOC - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 5:35 pm

Crap! I knew I was forgetting something. Uh, um. Hmm. How's about a mirror? One that starts blinking in the corner with an arrow that points to where they are?
Back to top Go down
KeyOfDestiny

KeyOfDestiny

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen OOC   The Chosen  OOC - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 5:49 pm

That works! :3 But right now, everyone is pretty much fighting. I was about to have the bad guys pull back actually. Well, once everyone was finished with their battles, :)

You can still make her come in, though, since she needs an intro. Her personality makes me curious anyway, xD Um...speaking of an intro, I don't wanna interrupt anyone else's fight, O.o You can message someone to see if it'd be good with them if Vera showed up like a boss, ooor you could have her help out either Janko(Fate's character, also villain) or Miles(mine; villain) fight.
Back to top Go down
Dethhollow

Dethhollow

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen OOC   The Chosen  OOC - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 6:24 pm

Sorry for responding so late, but....

Quote :
And because I'm an idiot:
Des. What's that nickname mean? XDD My friend says desu..wrong spelling, but something like that a lot. Is Des just short for that? xD Even if I don't know what the longer one means either.

Key of Destiny. I always thought Des was what people called you because DEStiny, you know?

Also, yay! Vera's joined the fight! This is going to get crazy.

EDIT: Oh yeah, while it's on my mind, I figured out a creative way to use Deron's magnet power to hit almost anyone in the main cast effectively.... They'll even survive the shot! The bad part is that it's kind-of one of those ideas so painful that you kind-of wince thinking about it. Going to put it in spoilers because it's a tad wierd, but makes sense.

Spoiler:

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Jexorin Rast

Jexorin Rast

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen OOC   The Chosen  OOC - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 6:53 pm

Shocked ow
Back to top Go down
KeyOfDestiny

KeyOfDestiny

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen OOC   The Chosen  OOC - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 7:07 pm

...that would make sense.

And sorry guys. I fell asleep.

But go ahead Deth! :3
Back to top Go down
Selieno

Selieno

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen OOC   The Chosen  OOC - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 7:10 pm

Vera. Really? Vera? Come on... Oh well.

Des, Deth was right; Des as short for Destiny. Because I'm a hipster and don't wanna call you Key. Also, "Desu" is just an interjection in Japanese, similar to "But" if I recall correctly.

Deth, cheap bro. Really Fauzxing cheap.
Back to top Go down
KeyOfDestiny

KeyOfDestiny

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen OOC   The Chosen  OOC - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 7:25 pm

WEEELL, That's why I put 'becuase I'm an idiot' cxx

Go me.

But I think it's a good idea. By the way, would anyone mind if I brought in my two guardians after Deron delivers his scary attack I want to know more about? CX

Oh, and if I go away for a while later on, it's eithre because my stomach ache has evolved into sickness, or because I'm watching Idol. X'D

And you know like the name Ver, Sel?
Back to top Go down
Selieno

Selieno

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen OOC   The Chosen  OOC - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 7:27 pm

I'm quite... familiar... with Vera's antics. She's hilarious or frustrating as hell depending on the time of day and who you are.
Back to top Go down
KeyOfDestiny

KeyOfDestiny

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen OOC   The Chosen  OOC - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 7:31 pm

Should we be concerned for any of our heroes/villains then? XDDD She doesn't seem like she'd like Hannibal.
Back to top Go down
Selieno

Selieno

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen OOC   The Chosen  OOC - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 7:32 pm

That's to be determined by Aroro, not me. All I can say is tread lightly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chosen OOC   The Chosen  OOC - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chosen OOC
Page 7 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next