The Forbidden Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forbidden Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kingdom of Bones - OOC -

Go down 
+11
Sir Nicholas
Erit of Eastcris
Sparky
TheDarknessOfLoyalty
Hotrodd
Rorschach
Hydrattler
Mist
Lord Coake
Drummy
Riffus Maximus
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 4:59 pm

Busy bee is busy. It's nice to see so many posts while I was gone though. Let's get to reply on all of this stuff.

@Rorschach: Albeit quite rare, sentient undead can be found throughout the land in hiding or in the wilds. Ghosts, spectres, liches, with the occasional evolved skeletons and zombies can have a mind of their own, but they are frowned upon. Because they were mainly the soldiers under King Basil's exceptional undead legion, the current ruler is conduction a mass extermination of all undead. As such, that would be quite difficult for you to enter populated areas, though the RP potential is there.

As for abominations, it depends really on what you inted to play. But most are seen as monsters and vile creatures, so you'll be most likely met with a weapon under your throat wherever you go.

@TheDarknessOfLoyalty: While the character in itself is nicely detailed and is interesting, I'm having a bit more reserves about her actual powers. I have no problem with their powerlevel or the actual spells, but rather by the concept of using them. You see, combo spells after X number of hits look better in action games, where you can actually see the character's movements and attacks. In a RP, it's very difficult to do that without mentionning that most people are incapacitated after two or three strikes of a weapon (gotta keep at least some measure of realism here). I think it would be better if you change your combo spells for something that would require you to maintain focus on some sort of rythm, be it swinging your rapier like an actual conducter (given the description you've given for François) for X amount of time or singing a lenghtier chant.

Otherwise, the character looks good and I'll be interested to see how you can play out this melody of war with your Maestro.

@Mist: Bio looks good. The only thing that I would like you to change is the your mount. The only dragon-kin creatures to exist are Dragons themselves and the very rare Half-Blooded Dragons. If you want to keep a creature somewhat akin to what you have now, I'd suggest you to go for an undead basilisk, a large snake or some other magicla reptile creature about the same size as a horse.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 5:37 pm

Quote :
@Rorschach: Albeit quite rare, sentient undead can be found throughout the land in hiding or in the wilds. Ghosts, spectres, liches, with the occasional evolved skeletons and zombies can have a mind of their own, but they are frowned upon. Because they were mainly the soldiers under King Basil's exceptional undead legion, the current ruler is conduction a mass extermination of all undead. As such, that would be quite difficult for you to enter populated areas, though the RP potential is there.
That being said we have an illusionist with a spell just for that. Unless a hostile casts detect life.
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 5:46 pm

That would be nice to see such synergy between players, but that's just something I want to point out before he makes his character.

And of course, it is quite possible for people to have spells to indentify the true nature of each individuals, although such things are not commonly used by guards (as most doesn't know how to magic).
Back to top Go down
Rorschach

Rorschach

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 5:48 pm

Hmm, if you want I can PM you my idea?
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 5:53 pm

Sure, it might take some time for me to anwer your PM because I am quite busy at the moment, but feel free to drop me a PM for me to look at it.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 3:00 am

I changed it, also I am going to adapt kumi lizards for my purposes.

Kumi lizards here will be green carnivorous arboreal lizards which continue to grow through out their lives. An adult kumi is about the size of a horse but on the rare occasions that one grows to a venerable age it will be about the size of an elephant or mammoth. Kumi are in no way related to dragons, are wingless but are sometimes considered as 'forest guardians' due to their size and formidable appearance. Do note that een venerable lizards are able to move through their forest homes without destroying it an roughly t the same speed as a horse in a sparsely forested area.
Back to top Go down
Sparky

Sparky

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 9:28 am

I'm totally joining this thing.

I'll have a bio prepared soon! Hopefully I can return Jasmine into this!
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 12:24 pm

@Mist: You really want to ride on a freaking giant lizard, don't ya? Bio is accepted.

I know I said I'll start the IC after getting 3 accepted bios, but for simplicity's sake, I'll let those who have posted an interest check and those who still have some modifications to do on their bio finish their stuff to be part of the group right off the start. As such, I'll be posting the IC next Monday.

P.S. I just noticed when I was toying around with the links to characters in the first post that they may not direct you exactly to the desired character's bio. This is due to the auto-prune system that deletes inactive threads, thus reducing the amount of posts on this forum. You'd figure that each post has their own identity number, but it's not the case. They are rather identified by the Xth post on the forum, and change whenever a post made prior to said post is deleted.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 1:12 pm

The lizard is also her storage unite, plus I just like the picture of a huge lizard 'gliding' through the trees above the smaller horses. And undead basilisks would be part avian (bones are way to weak) while salamanders link more to fire or water than forests.

I was originally going to give her an elephant mount but realized that would be ridiculous for someone traveling through dense forests.
Back to top Go down
Sparky

Sparky

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 5:05 pm

Still in progress!

Name: Jasmine Amber Conwell (Called 'Jas' for short)
Race: Beastwoman
Class: Thief

Appearance:
A slightly tall slender built women who has features like a ferret. She is four feet tall and nine inches while on four legs and she stands five feet and seven inches tall when on two legs; both from head to toe. Her coat is a dark brown color with white markings near her eyes and she has a lighter brown furred mask in between her eyes. Her fur also has lighter brown stripes that go down from her mask all the way to her tail. Her face is a completely ferret like, complete with a wet nose and whiskers. A pair of small rounded ferret ears burst out in between her wild looking mane. Her body is almost shapeless, and long, looking like a normal ferret if she were to walk or run on all fours. If she stands on two legs, then her body holds a humanoid shape with long limbs and waspish tighs. A long ferret tail, almost large as her, about two feet long; is fuzzy and overall fluffy detail. The fur is thinner around her feet and her paws, as well as toes, are tipped with claws. Her wavy and messy mane is shoulder length, and is curly near the ends. As usual, she has a pair of bangs covering her forehead. Jas' pale blue eyes stare at everyone who looks at her for too long. She has an overbite, which displays her two longest, sharpest fangs. She usually doesn't wear any clothing, due to her fur covering up most of her human features. When she does, it's usually a dark green light silk leather outfit, which covers her chest down to her thighs.
(Sketchie coming soon!~)
Equipment: (Clothing, weapons, armor, magical items, any consistent mounts or animal followers)

Skills:

Spells: No magic, so no spells.
Weaknesses: (Optional but highly preferred. I am less apt to decline a character that has reasonable and legitimate weaknesses listed if the character has a considerable amount of power)

History: (Optional)
Personality: (Will be revealed IC)

Last edited by Sparky on Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TheDarknessOfLoyalty

TheDarknessOfLoyalty

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 11:01 pm

Just finished edits. Some have been combined and altered, three have been added (The third one, and the longest name even saying just in saying it, is a last resort attack only) The Coup de - attacks are still there as they do feed off the resonance she can build up and are, technically, magical attacks.
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 12:04 am

Looks good, really good. Bio is approved, bringing the number of approved characters to 4.

@Sparky: Whenever you are done with your bio, just post a notice here or drop me a PM so I can check it out. Looks good so far, the appearance is very detailed.

Just so you can know the exact term of your race, you can simply call her a Beastman/Beastwoman or a Ferret Half-Beast if you want to get specific.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 12:06 am

Since you have to add Darth anyway, I'd like to remind you that I changed Satchel's race to elf to simplify things.
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 12:09 am

Aye aye, I already thought of doing that when I reviewed my links.
Back to top Go down
Rorschach

Rorschach

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 12:41 am

Hmm, Max I sent you a PM I'd like to discuss this little idea of mine hat was brewing a bit more with you if that's ok
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 2:46 pm

For what it's worth, I object to a maestro lacking an instrument.
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 3:05 pm

@Rorschach: Feel free to consult me via PM if you have questions, want clarifications or simply want to discuss about ideas privately. I'll always welcome a private discussion concercing your characters, so there's really no need to ask to PM me. Considering I have nothing new in my inbox, should I assume you haven't sent it yet, or you sent it to the wrong person?

Drummy: From the way I see it, Ed's character is not some kind of bard who produce spells by the power of music, but by the power of rythm and movement. Those sigils used, and the resonance bulding up with each strikes like the beat of a melody, this is what is mainly used to produce such spells.

Moreso, the fact that these spells require a chant to be casted is more than enough for me for a "bard" to cast her spells. Lastly, I think it's fair to think that at last resort, Ed's own weapon can be called an "instrument", if you consider a conductor like one. Now that we think of it, that kind of feels like the Wind Conductor used by Link in The Legend of Zelda - The Wind Waker.

If Tsera was actually using music to make her spell, I'd require her to carry an instrument to produce these music, or have skills in singing, but considering she is seemingly casting her spells from rythming and chanting, I don't feel the necessity.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 3:16 pm

But its a long journey. We'll need something to listen to.

I don't really care if it gets used in battle or not. The current spells and abilities make perfect sense to me.

I'm just kindly requesting that she carries a lute, or a flute, or something that goes toot.
Back to top Go down
TheDarknessOfLoyalty

TheDarknessOfLoyalty

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 4:14 pm

Hate to say, Drummy. But the best a Maestro of War can play is the drums... and given how much of a pain they are to carry Tsera'shul doesn't carry one. Also Maestros of War are more warriors than performers, if you want a perfermance out of them, give 'em about a week to come up with an orchestrated piece and the muscians for it. The Rapier proficiency is in part also, as Max rightly surmised, a proficiency with a conductor's baton.
Back to top Go down
Erit of Eastcris

Erit of Eastcris

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 1:36 am

Name: Auris, no surname given
Race: Human
Class: Sword Knight, a pseudo-monastic order dedicated to achieving mental and physical synergy through mastering the duality of the sword as a tool for both oppression and salvation, a symbol of protectors and destroyers both.  Sword Knights dedicate their lives to the blade, forming an almost mystic bond with their chosen sword.

Appearance: Middling height and build with an unassuming stature and a face that is neither attractive nor repulsive and equally middling brown hair and eyes; his appearance is very normal and unassuming by itself.
Equipment: A four-foot bastard sword buckled at his left hip and armor composed of a layer of thinly padded cloth covered by chainmail under a layer of studded leather, as well as dull iron sabotons and gauntlets, all crafted specifically for him.  He also wears a chain coif in battle that normally lies pulled back around his neck.  Besides that, he bears a pendant with the symbol of three crows circling a fox nestled in the crescent moon, given to him by his Master before he left.

Skills:
Unhindered Dexterity And Agility: In spite of the rather cumbersome weight of his armor and weapon, Auris is capable of feats of swordsmanship to make those not of the order gaze in awe, allowing him not only his preferred graceful style of combat but distracting nearby foes, forcing them to pay attention to him.

Flash Draw: All Sword Knights are trained to be capable of drawing their weapon in the space between heartbeats, often striking in the same motion.

Brave Draw: Auris is able to use Flash Draw with his left hand to parry strikes that may have caught other men off-guard.

Rash Blade: Through an inaccurate, wild flurry of strokes and thrusts, Auris is able to continually attack any enemy within reach until he either runs out of things to swipe at or his sword gets caught in something.

Brave Grasp: When not holding his sword, Auris is capable of stopping any slashing weapon in mid-swing by grasping the blade with both hands, at which point he may attempt to disarm the opponent or redirect their attack.  Obviously, this doesn't work without his gauntlets.

Spells: While incapable of using magic, Auris was taught how to read and recognize arcane writings.

Weaknesses: Ranged combat, period.  Being without his sword makes him a much less effective fighter, and he's less than stellar with almost every kind of weapon besides his bastard sword.

History: Orphaned and abandoned at a Temple, he was raised and trained as a Sword Knight ever since he could walk.  He was sent out on this quest by the Temple as a final trial before he may be proclaimed a Lord Knight, master of swords.
Personality: I really suck at describing these; if possible I'd like to show and not tell.

Last edited by Erit of Eastcris on Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Tyop)
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 6:22 am

Bio looks good, welcome in the band. Don't worry about the personality, I'd rather see it IC as well than on a bio sheet.
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 3:32 am

Expect the introduction to be posted today people!
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 10:32 pm

If Max doesn't post a response to my character before anyone else posts it is safe to assume I sat down with the others.
Back to top Go down
Riffus Maximus

Riffus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 10:42 pm

Bah, it's too soon for me to post. I'm doing the old-school let-everyone-post-before-posting post order, unless I see people are being really slow to post.
Back to top Go down
Drummy
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Drummy

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 10:45 pm

Okay. Then assume I sat down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Bones - OOC -   Kingdom of Bones - OOC - - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kingdom of Bones - OOC -
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next